Assistant Athletic Director: Bishop O’Connell High School (Arlington)
O’Connell High School seeks an Assistant Athletic Director to carry out the school’s mission and provide a Catholic, Christ-centered environment for student-athletes to thrive in.
The candidate will shares responsibility with the Athletic Director for the overall direction of the athletic department, supporting him in implementing, coordinating, and maintaining all athletic programs for students in grades 9-12. Shared responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining an engaged and responsive coaching staff;
- Organizing team schedules in the most efficient manner for students throughout the school year;
- Providing routine communication to others on a variety of matters related to the athletic program.
The Assistant Athletic Director must work cooperatively with the department’s coaching staff, as well as various entities on and off campus.
Essential functions include:
- Schedule all fall, winter, and spring sporting events;
- Oversee the transportation, equipment, and uniform budgets;
- Assist in distributing, collecting, and tracking all uniform inventory and equipment;
- Schedule and oversee all transportation needs;
- Make sure buses arrive and teams depart safely;
- Ensure all sporting events and directions are accurately displayed on the School’s website;
- Supervise games on field and in gyms after school;
- Assist in game management duties Monday-Saturday;
- Schedule all off-campus practice and competition spaces;
- Track all individual and team accomplishments and order awards accordingly;
- Assist in the interviewing, hiring, and mentoring of new coaches;
- Assist in the hiring and paying of all game officials, timers, and scorekeepers;
- Work in conjunction with the maintenance staff daily to ensure competition spaces are reserved and set up accordingly;
- Assist Athletic Director in observing and evaluating coaches; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Christine Spann at email@example.com.