Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (VISAA) was founded in 1997 as an organization that would unify Independent school athletics and provide quality championship events to member schools throughout the state of Virginia. It has grown and emerged and now has over 90 member schools.
VISAA Vision Statement:
Develop a nationally recognized community of student-athletes with unparalleled competitive opportunities for participation and strength of character.
VISAA Mission Statement:
We provide accredited member schools the resources and competitive environment that establish a foundation for excellence based on integrity, sportsmanship, and leadership.
What We Do:
VISAA provides information, advocacy, professional development, and state championship tournaments for its member schools and the independent school student athletes in the state of Virginia.
Benefits of VISAA Membership include:
- Schools working within the same set of rules toward the same recognized championship
- Unified calendar and standardized divisions make scheduling easier
- All players eligible for all-state recognition
- Continued growth of VISAA assures increased excitement and exposure for independent school athletics
- More membership and school involvement assures more consistency in state tournaments for all sports
- Member schools have a voice in independent school athletics
- Coaches and Athletic Directors from member schools have opportunity to serve on and chair sport committees
- VISAA Executive Committee available for advocacy and dispute resolution
- Invitations to attend annual membership conferences, professional development, and networking opportunities
- Access to state website, a consolidated source for independent school athletic information and updates
- Paid Membership of all athletic administrators in the NIAAA and VIAAA professional development associations